Materials Science Laboratory
The Physics’ Materials Science Laboratory (MSL) has been established in 1999 as one of the major teaching and research laboratories in the Department of Physics of MSU-IIT. MSL advances the knowledge of materials sciences and focuses on identifying and creating new materials and related technologies as well as improving existing products.
Particularly, MSL is doing intensive research and development on sensor, technology, solar cells, bioceramics, and conducting polymers for optoelectronics. MSL would integrate the understanding across materials synthesis, processing, properties, and performance to benefit all endeavors towards development and production.
Title and Proponents
1. Fabrication and Characterization of Plasma Sprayed Nanostructured TiO2- based Coatings for Photocatalytic Applications
Dr. Rolando T. Candidato, Jr.
2. Enhancing the IP-TBM Operations in Mindanao State University - lligan Institute of Technology
Dr. Reynaldo M. Vequizo
3. Development of Polyurethane-based Packing Materials and Anti-corrosive Coatings from Vegetable Oil
A.C. Alguno, A.A. Lubguban, et.al.
4. Development of Advanced Functional Materials for Technology Applications
R. Y. Capangpangan, A.C. Alguno, et.al.
5. Synthesis and characterization of hybrid bioceramic zinc oxide-hydroxyapatite materials for water treatment applications: phase 1
Dr. Jess E. Gambe
6. Development of Innovative Nanobiodevices Based on Hybrid Materials by Combination of Endemic South Asian Biomolecules and Nanocarbons
Dr. Leo Cristobal C. Ambolode II, Dr. Rolando T. Candidato, Jr.